File Sharing between XP and OSX

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a quick question. How can I share files from XP to OSX? Is there a simple way? I suppose I can't partition the hard drive of my macbook twice; one for XP and the second one that I can have both XP and OSX connect to and read from? Any ideas?

Thank you!!!

~Jace

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi all, I have a quick question. How can I share files from XP to OSX? Is there a simple way? I suppose I can't partition the hard drive of my macbook twice; one for XP and the second one that I can have both XP and OSX connect to and read from? Any ideas?

Thank you!!!

~Jace

Are the two on a network together or are you also curious about what medium to use?

OP
J
Reaction score
No, the XP I'm running is done with BootCamp on the laptop. I have a new black macbook, and I installed a new version of XP on there; and I'm trying to figure out how to get the files I make with programs on XP to transfer to OSX.

Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
No, the XP I'm running is done with BootCamp on the laptop. I have a new black macbook, and I installed a new version of XP on there; and I'm trying to figure out how to get the files I make with programs on XP to transfer to OSX.

Thanks!

Ah, I see! Well, you can always use a USB flash drive, formatted in FAT32 (MS-DOS) and drop your files in there. Or you could purchase a program called MacDrive for Windows, which will allow you to access your Mac's hard drive in Windows.

You could also look at VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop, which allow you to run Windows simultaneously with Mac OS and easily drag and drop files back and forth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.