bluetooth Audio problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.8ghz 4gb 500gb 17" gloss
:Grimmace: I just got the new Plantronics Voyager 855 Headset/Headphones and have been able to successfully pair them with my MBP and that is as far as I can get. I can get no sound from them in any audio programs and they will not work as a mic when trying to calibrate the voice command mic. I have went into the sound settings and changed to both options Headset and Headphones that show up there and when testing I get the Rainbow circle then nothing. No errors or anything. I did get it to run momentarily originally when I set them up for about 2 sec then a kernel panic now nothing.

I know the mic/headset works as I have it paired with my blackberry fine and working. I don't have any other way to test the Headphone setup as of yet though.

Anyone experienced this with Leopard 10.5.2 so far or know of a way to correct?

Reaction score
I am not sure about how to correct this, but I did want to comment that I am having issues with my MBP and bluetooth audio as well.

My particular issue is there is a lot of static and poping. I have a MacBook 13.3" which is newer and the exact speakers do not have the same issue.

I am hoping there will be a firmware update but as of yet I have not seen any.
:Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.