Using external Webcam(non-iSight) to record to hard drive??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
hey guys,
so i'm looking for
a webcam (with audio) that is compatible with mac os x leopard, with the capability to record to my hard drive. I have a Macbook Pro, 2.20 C2D, with the built in iSight, but it's facing the wrong way. :|

I'm going to try and record my professor's lectures. I've been looking around and found this one: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-QuickCam-Pro-for-Notebooks/dp/B000RZNI4S/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b
but it is a tad expensive, and I'm not sure about compatibility with mac.

I also found this, and it looks like the reviewer is using a mac, (scroll down), and he said that it is a good substitite for plug and play, but still not sure about record.

not that more less expensive, but still like the HD part.

-I have vista installed via bootcamp, so I guess I could go that route, but that would include me having to reinstall, because there is only like 2GB free. Unless I could plug in an external drive, (120GB) and record straight to that......would that work?

And do I need another app. to be able to record?? or would it be included in the software??

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.