Snow Airport Base Station

Reaction score
i have a macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 2GB RAM, OSX 10.5.2 - my modem is a motorola that bellsouth sent to me and i use a Snow Airport Base Station.

1. am i correct in connection my ethernet cord to modem and then to the WAN port on my ABS or should it be in the LAN? i am only using it for my macbook wireless.

2. When i plug my computer directly into modem with ethernet cord it works great but when plugged into my Snow ABS it is slow. Do i need to upgrade to an express or is there something else i can do. it has never been this slow. in fact, it wasnt till i upgraded to OSX 10.5.2 that it started slowing down.

any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Is the APBS running the latest firmware? If there isn't an Internet port on the back of the base station, then WAN should be the port you want. LAN is for local network.

OP
M
Reaction score
how do i find out if i have the latest firmware? and if i dont where do i download it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.