1.33 or 1.5?

M

maxyboy

will i notice any difference in performance b/w 1.33 Mhz or 1.5 Mhz processors? I want to get a powerbook but can't decide yet. Both will have 1 Gb of RAM. I will be using this for Video and Photo applications. Will I also notice if I upgrade to a 128 Mbps Video card.

I am still thinking of either getting a powerbook or an HP laptop, but I am leaning on getting the pb.

thanks.

OP
L

Lasha

Here's what you do. Wait just a few more months until Apple annoucnes a new PowerBook update, which they will, and then get that. You won't be sorry if you wait because then, the 1.33GHz, and the 1.5GHz PowerBooks would be considered "slow." Just a suggestions because I am doing the same. I was going to go ahead any go with the 1.5Ghz one, but I am gonna wait till Apple updates the PowerBooks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
yup...Powerbook Updates should be around MWSF(Mac World San Fransisco) in January

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
what do you think the update will be to? Liek how fast of a processor. I doubt they'd bring the g5 to notebooks. It kinda makes me upset that I just bought a powerbook in like august and they update it within 6 months. I do know that when I just recently had a major problem with the logic board, after it taking so long to be repaired I complained and spoke with a supervisor. She said if anything ever happens call me and we'll straight up replace it for you. lol but im happy hopefully its not such a huge difference.

OP
S

StealthMode

I'm waiting for the new revisions as well, along with Tiger to release, then I am buying my new PB. :) Should be worth the upgrade ;)

OP
P

prozach1576

The next PowerBooks will feature Dual Core G4 processors and will kick all kinds of ass. I can't wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
whats a dual core processor?

OP
Y

Yuniverse

i was waiting for the new version but i just crossed the river and got Dell 700m for $980 after tax(Centrino 1.6 256MB upgraded to 512MB, 60GB).
I know, it's not a mac and i'm kinda sad(I've been a Mac user since '84), but for the price, i couldn't resist. And no, i didn't wanna get 1GHz iBook... I wanted the 1.33 or 1.5 15" Powerbook, but it would cost me another grand and then some.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
1.2 GHZ iBoook will kick the crap out of that thing(In allllll aspects)....it may cost an extra hundred dollars...But I have 7 computers.. I currently only have 1 one them a Mac, which is this lovely beauty I'm typing on. And do you know why I'm using the Mac to type this? Because the others are ALL Dells. Because it's the only computer in the house that works. Now, don't go off and say that it's because I don't maintain them. I personally maintain them. Virus scans every 4 days, spyware check and removal every day, each with its own firewall..And guess how many still work?
A big ol' fat goose egg.;)

I know Dell very well. Quite honestly, a retarded pineapple could make a better built computer.

If you'd like to see a real in depth of why I like Macs and not PCs, see http://www.bamerige.com/Apple-Just-Works.jpg

OP
Y

Yuniverse

I can't disagree... I just saw that Amazon sells 1.2 GHz ibook (12 inch) for $899...
Oh well....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
hey, as long as you're happy with your new OS of choice, then enjoy your computer...
if not, take back the dell and get the iBook

OP
Y

Yuniverse

I think i'll wait a while... Need some cash flow.

It's been over a month anyway.

OP
M

mac_noobie

I have owned a dell for a while, before upgrading to an apple, and I must say they are not a crappy as this guy says they are... ( the one with 6 or so dells and 1 mac). I think they hold up well and are a good value deal. The only advandage I see with the ibook is its sturdyness, os, and onboard gpu. Otherwise I wouldn't say you have a bad computer if your just using it for school and such. The 1.6 ghz centrino is fast, I had a 1.4 and it was really speedy. O well, those are my comments. Also the 700m is lighter I think and packs a wide aspect screen. I like mac's alot... I just wish other software companies would make their software for something other than windows. :rollseyes:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.