Interesting screen "issue"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Not so much an issue, just something I noticed when using the brand new iMac at college - when you have a flat colour filling the whole screen there is a noticable gradient - much darker at the top than it is at the bottom. It happens with every angle of the screen, except the rediculously obscure looking from above, which messes up the colours anyway. So I went home and tried it on my older iMac G5 with the anti-glare screen and while the gradient is still there, it's not nearly as noticable.

If you want to test it, it's easiest to see with a light orangish colour such as #FFCC42.

I was just wondering if there was a known reason for this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2Ghz iMac w/ glossy screen
Yes, i do notice this on mine but it isn't too much of a problem.. would rather not have it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
20" screens are not that great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
man, my 20" cinema display (acrylic) at work is fantastic. no gradient issues or anything. i have a 22" viewsonic (VG2230wm) at home that has a tiny bit of that gradient but it really doesnt bother me.

dfb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24 inch. 2.4ghz
My 24 inch seems fine.....

Reaction score
hhmmmmm I have a 20" not a problem, i went from a 24" to a 20" for personal preference. only difference i noticed was the screen wasnt as bright as the 24 but thats the main reason why i exchanged lol. Umm....calibrate yet?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.