Recent Switcher. Hello!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" IMac 2.66 4GB Ram
Just a hello post. I look forward to surfing the forums and getting to know my IMac! Decided to take the plunge. Still have the PC Lappy but. Mac just called to me. Went with the 20in IMac 2.66 Gonna go to 4GB of Ram. I liked the faster processors on the 24 but MAN what a monster!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Grats on your purchase, and welcome to the Forums! People here are great and usually at least one person can answer any of your questions. Feel free to ask anything!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Welcome JMac24 to Mac Forums. When you get your new Mac, feel free to ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to help you.

Congrats on the new Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Welcome! After using your mac for a week you're gonna want to throw your PC out the window! haha enjoy!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" IMac 2.66 4GB Ram
Welcome! After using your mac for a week you're gonna want to throw your PC out the window! haha enjoy!

lol Got it Thursday night. Had a BBQ planned so didnt open it till Friday(a struggle to say the least). Im already loving it. Google is your friend for sure as is the search button on this forum :D Learning a lot already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6GHz - 4GB
Welcome... this place is great! Chuck your owners manual and just read whatever post and thread you can find here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
welcome! i am surprised you were able to not open you mac right away. i guess you have more will power than me

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" IMac 2.66 4GB Ram
welcome! i am surprised you were able to not open you mac right away. i guess you have more will power than me

It was tough!

I didnt even open the manual lol

I am reading now on lots of issue with the screen on the 20. Im not really seeing this. Did some googling and didnt see that they changed it in the new line of IMacs? Anyone have info on this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
lol Got it Thursday night. Had a BBQ planned so didnt open it till Friday(a struggle to say the least). Im already loving it. Google is your friend for sure as is the search button on this forum :D Learning a lot already.

Congrats on your Apple purchase. And thanks for using the search function here. I'm glad you're loving your mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Congrats mate and welcome to the Family. Since the day i bought the MBP my ThinkPad T60 has not be powered on. However I only have Ubuntu 8.04 on it and not Windows.

Check out the 300 new features in Leopard
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/300.html

One thing I recently realized is Spotlight is very powerful I can search anything and everything I want in there. It even does some basic mathematical functions for me.

If you dont know what i am talking about, click on the top right corner of your screen where it shows the magnifying glass, a blue small box will open with a search textbar, type 23456*65 and it will tell you 1524640. sweeeeet

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" IMac 2.66 4GB Ram
I have been using spotlight to launch aps. Ill have to give QS a peek!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Welcome JMac24 to the forums and congrats on getting an iMac, you are going to be glued to it:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.