• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How's your New Years resolution coming along?

Reaction score
Hello!

It's May 19th, 2008.
It's been 2008 for 5 months and 19 days.
Since we are a tight knit community of awesome, amazing, cool, funny, great, honest, sincere, trustworthy, crazy, and GENIUS people here, you should know you have a great support system on the forums!
With that being said, how's your resolutions coming if you made one?

I guess i'll start. These are in random order.

1) Improve my grammar in my posts here.
How is that coming?
Well.......LOOK A BIRD!
All jokes aside for now (dun dun dunnnn), i've tried. I should probably try harder.

2) Become a happier person.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I really have gained a new perspective on my life over the past year.
I've come to terms with how lucky I am to be alive.
It's been great. Life is great. I live for a new day. When that day comes each morning, I dread it, but once i'm up and hoppin' it's a GREAT DAY!

Happiest time of my life. It's a good thing there is a limit to these :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D because I could do them all day.

3) Be active!

That's been going good!
Over the past 11 months i've lost 40lbs, which is something i'd never thought I would be able to do.
How I did it?
Well, how 40lbs managed to melt away, i'll never know for sure.
I didn't change my diet, I still pig out on weekends, and I still LOVE microwave popcorn.
I think the thing is I ate less of it. I don't eat until i'm full, I eat until i'm not hungry.
Oh and i've been soda free for over a month now.

I started high school, and it's a LOT of walking!
Up the stairs, down the stairs, up, down, up, down, all around!
Drills, parades, it's been great.

4) Be myself no matter what.

Well, you all KNOW the answer to this one.
The longer i've been here, the weirder i've become.
It's wonderful.

How have your resolutions been going?

Hope this year has been STUNNING!

Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
I don't make resolutions - So I would say I'm right on track.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
Yeah, my resolutions weren't exactly new years resolutions, just things that I wanted to do in my life, but hadn't started yet.

Actually, that seems like the definition of a new years resolution, nevermind!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I decided I wanted to lose weight in February and in the past 3 months I've lost 45lbs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Two weeks back i decided to shed some weight and have lost 6lbs so far. My target is to lose 3-5lbs a week until I lose 45lbs. I guess I am going the right way so far.

The reason I put on so much weight is that I dont travel as much I used to and I dont even have to walk around my office anymore. 8-10 hours in front of the computer and having no time for workout could make a lot of difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I decided I wanted to lose weight in February and in the past 3 months I've lost 45lbs.

Congratulations! That is quite an achievement. It has not been easy, I am sure. Well done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
I chose to be the best father and husband I could be. It's pretty tough, especially for the husband part. My wife is a redhead and comes from a mean, angry and hollering family, where my family is all hugs, super friendly and "have you eaten yet?" My wife does tend to fly off the handle about the smallest of things but she's getting better at controlling herself. I have a calm, quiet, soft-spoken demeanor about myself and it helps her keep her patience down. Of course sometimes I'd like to beat her and toss her out the door for her attitude... but I still love her. Every couple gets that way every now and then. That's part of marriage, I guess.

I try to spend as much time as I can with my 2 little girls. They grow up so fast. The toddler talks up a storm and hardly shuts up, while the infant is already walking great and she just turned 11 months old. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. My avatar is my oldest daughter on her 2nd birthday back in September. I still love to hold her in my arms. I can't help it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I chose to be the best father and husband I could be. It's pretty tough, especially for the husband part. My wife is a redhead and comes from a mean, angry and hollering family, where my family is all hugs, super friendly and "have you eaten yet?" My wife does tend to fly off the handle about the smallest of things but she's getting better at controlling herself. I have a calm, quiet, soft-spoken demeanor about myself and it helps her keep her patience down. Of course sometimes I'd like to beat her and toss her out the door for her attitude... but I still love her. Every couple gets that way every now and then. That's part of marriage, I guess.

I try to spend as much time as I can with my 2 little girls. They grow up so fast. The toddler talks up a storm and hardly shuts up, while the infant is already walking great and she just turned 11 months old. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. My avatar is my oldest daughter on her 2nd birthday back in September. I still love to hold her in my arms. I can't help it.

I fell you man, and awesome signiture... The plane's getting closer! And Leo's getting larrrgeeerrrrr. Heh heh heh, I've watched that movie probably over 50 times, never gets old does it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
I fell you man, and awesome signiture... The plane's getting closer! And Leo's getting larrrgeeerrrrr. Heh heh heh, I've watched that movie probably over 50 times, never gets old does it?

LOL Nope. Another favorite line:

"...was sent to the hospital." (I forget the actual line.)
"The hospital? What is it?"
"It's a large building with a bunch of sick people in it. But that's not important right now."

LMAO!!!:D

We should start a new thread about favorite quotes from this movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
LOL Nope. Another favorite line:

"...was sent to the hospital." (I forget the actual line.)
"The hospital? What is it?"
"It's a large building with a bunch of sick people in it. But that's not important right now."

LMAO!!!:D

"We need you in the cockpit"
"The cockpit, what's that?"
"It's the room in the front where they pilots fly the plane, but that's not important right now"

"What's our vector victor"
"Do we have clearance Clarence?"
"Roger Roger"
And I forgot how that whole scene went... but oh man, it is good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Mine was to get a girlfriend. Still need to do that. 7 months left!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Didn't make any resolutions, though I did tell myself that I would try and get back into shape. Have lost 20 pounds overall, gained a lot of muscle, dropped a shirt size and am currently on my last belt loop, which means I either need new pants or a smaller belt ;D

This second one wasn't really something I set out to do, but I think stemmed from the above. I became A LOT more outgoing. See, I was already outgoing, but now it's like on overdrive. Also, even though this was my last semester at college, I made a ton of new friends.

So I dropped some weight, increased an already inflated sense of self-confidence, got into law school, and will be graduating college on Thursday. I'd say it's been a pretty good year thus far :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
/jealous

If only one thing could go right for me this month I'd be happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Didn't really make any, except to keep my room clean and be more organised... failed at that abysmally. Still attepting though.

The other thing I sorta wanted to do was put weight on (yes, you read that right!) so watching you guys post how you lost weight is just funny =P Basically, halfway through last year I dislocated my shoulder (on stage in front of the whole school! Good fun...) and couldn't exercise for 6 weeks and couldn't do capoeira for 10 - by the time the 10 weeks was up it was entering into must-study-or-fail-exams period, and then it was exam period... so I didn't do any real exercise for about 6 months, and as a result, lost weight. And by weight, I mean muscle. 5kg (about 11 pounds) of muscle wasted away in the first few weeks and then I stayed at a steady weight... so this year I've endeavored to regain and surpass the weight in muscle that I lost. It's proving very difficult -_-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD
my new years resolution was to not buy any more expensive macs.......so i bought a cheap g3 one.....thats not cheating.....right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
To lose the weight I ate right (I didn't break my diet for like the first two months), I walked 60 to 80 min a day (just walked), and started lifting four times a week. The diet really wasn't that hard to stick to, I don't think I was ever really that hungry, although it helped that I was in school. When I did get hungry I couldn't really eat until lunch time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Poorly. Am still fat!

Reaction score
I set the resolution of ...

To stop/quit smoking before the year is up.

Now I know myself it would be near impossible for me to quit within the first months of the year because I used to smoke 20 a day. but good news is I have cut down greatly and I am now on 20 a week. There the resolution of before the year is up could easily be reached :D

I am guessing november time I will be completley smoke free.

Is anyone proud for me?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.