Detailed Mac Temperatures Application

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have just read about the application Temperature Monitor in MacFormat magazine. It sounded interesting and so I downloaded it and tried it. It is interesting.

If you are one of those people who likes to know just how hot your CPUs, Disks, RAM modules and so on are getting, updated in real time, Temperature Monitor may be for you. This is quite an app for this particular purpose. It was able to provide me with all sorts of readings that iStat Pro does not show.

I would definitely recommend it for the curious (and those who are worried that they may be overloading/overheating their Macs).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Agree Temperature Monitor is a great little utility, especially for those of us running MDD DP and early G5's which allegedly had overheating problems. As I sit here on an autumn morning, FW800 DP is running at 43.8 degrees Celsius which is just great.

MDD and FW800's generally have overheating problems from about 65 degrees and over so you can see things are okay.

Also use a little program called CHUD 4.4.4 which aids in fan speed if they start that racing. Just set for a SP or DP and leave it.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I should also note that Temperature Monitor is freeware.

Temperature Monitor has a shareware "big brother", Hardware Monitor, which is GBP 7.00 (about $US 15) to register. For that, you get all the readings form Temperature Monitor, plus readouts on various voltages and currents around the machine, power consumption numbers for your CPU, fan speeds and so on. Looks pretty interesting. I may just have to register it.

Hardware Monitor is linked on the same page as Temperature Monitor, so if you follow my link for Temperature Monitor, you will find a link to Hardware Monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
that is a pretty cool program. i think i will download it and try it out.... curiosity is getting the best of me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
For the curious?

More like for the paranoid!! This will just lead to more "Is my Mac getting too hot threads".

Arghh!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well some do say knowledge is dangerous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.