Need help with printing!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, well i'm having a bit of a problem with printing a pdf file. The problem is that the file itself is a coloured document and i want to print it as black and white due to my low ink. Now i took the measures that some websites have suggested which is to click on 'file' then 'print' and then where it says 'copies and pages' i need to go to 'coloursync' and then change the Quartzfilter to 'black and white'. Well i done all the steps but after i changed the quartzfilter to black and white and clicked on preview, all the coloured parts of the document just vanished leaving only the black writing!

Can someone please help me on how i can just make the print in black and white without having to leave out the coloured bits as they are quite important.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Instead of setting to black & white, try setting to grayscale. That is actually what you want. Black and white is for photos, generally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.