Boots Into XP - doesnt give me a choice

Reaction score
Forgive me in advance, i have only owned a macbook pro for about a day. I loaded XP sp2 onto it using bootcamp. The installation went smoothly, i am sure that i installed on the empty partition etc. But now when i start up the macbook it just boots into windows. How the heck do i boot into leopard? Sorry if this is not posted in the correct forum either, 1st time poster here.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Hold "option" or "x" during startup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i feel dumb, but thank you for your help sir
Never a problem. Here are some great keyboard commands. Very useful to impress your friends! ;)

Enjoy your new MBP!

And remember, there are no dumb questions. We're all here to help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5/15.4/4G/250G/
With respect, something still isnt right. That machine SHOULD default to system 10, and NOT Windoze.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With respect, something still isnt right. That machine SHOULD default to system 10, and NOT Windoze.
Then he would need to go to System Preferences-Startup disk and make sure OS X is selected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
glad i am reading this now.. i would be lost... trying to soak up as much info about mac as i can b4 i get mine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
[2008 MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz,4GB Ram,250GB HD,512MB VIDEO] [16GB iPhone]
Forgive me in advance, i have only owned a macbook pro for about a day. I loaded XP sp2 onto it using bootcamp. The installation went smoothly, i am sure that i installed on the empty partition etc. But now when i start up the macbook it just boots into windows. How the heck do i boot into leopard? Sorry if this is not posted in the correct forum either, 1st time poster here.

Thanks in advance!

never messed with bootcap, but i would imagine that its just a setup issue, check preferences, or bootcamp prefs, there might be a boot option

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
yeh it's definately a startup CHOICE. go to system preferencs as they said, but set as MAC startup default- it's more useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
I've messed with bootcamp for 2 years now, here's my explanation:

When installing windows on your partition, the first step in the process is copying essential files to your hdd. When this is done, a restart is performed so Windows can actually start installing. At this time, Windows becomes the default boot because (as most of us know) Windows requires 3 or 4 restarts before you're even able to use it properly. I think it was smart on Apple's part to make Windows the default boot for this process. It keeps it very "automated" if you will. Otherwise, you would have to hold the option key every time the windows installer wants to restart. Makes it easy. Just make sure to switch the default boot back to OSX after all is said and done.

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I've messed with bootcamp for 2 years now, here's my explanation:

When installing windows on your partition, the first step in the process is copying essential files to your hdd. When this is done, a restart is performed so Windows can actually start installing. At this time, Windows becomes the default boot because (as most of us know) Windows requires 3 or 4 restarts before you're even able to use it properly. I think it was smart on Apple's part to make Windows the default boot for this process. It keeps it very "automated" if you will. Otherwise, you would have to hold the option key every time the windows installer wants to restart. Makes it easy. Just make sure to switch the default boot back to OSX after all is said and done.

Trent out
exactly right...

When XP is done installing, the first thing it does is restart.
If XP were not set as the default OS when setup restarts, leopard would load and not the newly-installed windows instillation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.