Choppy video playback

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been having some difficulty with video playback recently on my iMac (24" 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM). The video isn't very choppy but every certain amount of seconds, it freezes up and then goes back to normal.

Anyone know why this could be?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
It is certainly possible that your connection cannot keep up to yours (and mine) computer speed. I have an HD television connection to a cable provider and we get terrific downloads - 6.5 MB per sec. Others I am sure can only wish. Of course the old adage - you only get what you pay for.. applies here.

OP
D
Reaction score
It is certainly possible that your connection cannot keep up to yours (and mine) computer speed. I have an HD television connection to a cable provider and we get terrific downloads - 6.5 MB per sec. Others I am sure can only wish. Of course the old adage - you only get what you pay for.. applies here.

Sorry, I didn't mean online videos.

Just video playback in general.

On Quicktime, VLC.. it does the same thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Do you have Quicktime and VLC open at the same time? I find video goes choppy if they're both open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.