Hard Drive Issue Resolved

Reaction score
So after my apparent hard drive failure, I ordered a 250GB WD for about 84$ off of unityelectronics.com. Got that drive about a week ago, put it in, installed the OS works fine. Then just to see what was wrong with the old one I ordered an external case for a SATA drive, and come to find out the so called "crashed drive" is actually in semiworking order. I believe the problem lies within the power connector because the external case has no connection for the power on the drive since it is powered by usb. Therefore it was just a faulty power connection on the drive. So basically taking it to apple would have cost me like 400$ to recover information that actually wasnt lost. I just felt I needed to let this story out in the open in case anyone ever has this type of problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2C2D 2gb 15.4
Well im glad you found the solution to your problem with out dishing out a lot of cash. From the looks of it, you now have a bigger internal hard drive and a nice little external. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.