Apple TV-DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.16ghz intel core duo , 30gb ipod, 16 gb 3g iphone,PowerBook G4 1.67ghz 1Gb ram
If you Purchase a movie not rent a movie from itunes.. Can you transfer it back to your IMAC to Burn to watch later? Or do you have to keep all Purchased content on the apple tv hard drive
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Purchases made on the AppleTV will automatically sync back to your computer if it's setup to sync with AppleTV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Are you even able/allowed to burn purchased movies from iTunes onto a DVD? I thought iTunes movies were locked down to use on Apple products only.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.16ghz intel core duo , 30gb ipod, 16 gb 3g iphone,PowerBook G4 1.67ghz 1Gb ram
I am just wondering if you Purchased the movie from Itunes(you now own a copy). Can you burn a hard copy or do you have to store it on Appletv, external drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The thing is, you never really "own" the movie. Those kind of purchases come with certain agreements, like you actually can't rip a DVD to your computer legally, even for backup, storage or personal use. Similarly, I'm pretty sure movies purchased on iTunes can't be burned on DVDs. They can only be used on Macs, iPods and iPhones; just like iTunes DRM music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Correct. You don't have to keep it on the Apple TV of course, it can be played on the computer or an ipod. But you can't burn it to a DVD. Actually, iTunes DRM music DOES allow (or at least, HAS allowed) you to burn to a CD format. This is how people have circumvented the copyright, at the cost of transcoding.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.