New MacPro arrives today...? about iPhone and iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
My new MacPro is arriving today. I'm switching from PC. The only real concern I have is transferring my iTunes data and thus my iPhone from my PC to my Mac. It seems to me that it should be as simple as setting up iTunes on the Mac and then merging the data when I plug in my iPhone to the new machine.

Am I missing something or will this work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
You should be fine and should be pretty simple I know the iPhone will be easy as far as transferring your music I dont know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
First off congratulations on making the switch! And second of yes this should be very easy for you. iPods or iPhone in this case that sex is pc (when i say sex i mean programmed on a pc) can share music and music can be shared onto the iPod from a mac. In other words you will be able to upload all your music to the Mac and then set up the iPhone on the mac. :0 good luck let us know how it goes.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
Update

SO after a lot of research I learned that transferring files to my new MacPro was as easy as a Cat5 cable.

Simply connected my PC Laptop and MacPro via a ethernet cable. Enabled sharing on my Laptop, found the laptop name and typed it in to Finder's Server Connection tool (smb://LAPTOP/nameoffolder). It was that simple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.