Changing folder icons

P

Prometheus

Is there a way to change the icon for a folder? (just an individual folder?)
Problem is I have 2 folders in my dock, one apps and one games, and they both look the same. If possible I'd like them different.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Prometheus said:
Is there a way to change the icon for a folder? (just an individual folder?)
Problem is I have 2 folders in my dock, one apps and one games, and they both look the same. If possible I'd like them different.

Cheers
select the folder you want to change in the finder, then hit command+i, then select the folder/doc containing the icon you want, hit command+i, in that get info window, click the icon in the top right area of the window, go to edit/copy, then go to the get info window for the folder you wish to change and click the icon that is the normal folder,, go to edit /paste. that should do it. I have all sorts of icons and change them all, the normal folder is so boring.:mac:

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
What is a good source for alternate icons?

Sorry, no intention of hijacking a thread just adding to it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
xicons.com is quite good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Aptmunich said:
xicons.com is quite good.
yea, xicons is actually a section at interfacelift.com, also try resexcellence.com, or icons.cx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.