Keeping the Internet Connected During Non-Use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
Well, I just got a new MacBook Pro and I've been on it all weekend almost non-stop. However, when I'm not using it the connection to the wireless network shuts off. I want it to stay connected so that it will continue downloading programs and what-not. Is there a way to configure it to do this or do I just have to deal with disconnecting all the time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
It should stay connected as long as your computer is on. Don't shut your lid which puts your computer to sleep and in return turns off wifi and bluetooth and pretty much everything else about your computer. Other than that... your Wifi should stay up and running as long as you don't tell it to turn off.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
I've tried leaving the lid open and it is set to not go into sleep, but it still disconnects from the network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
system preferences, energy saver, adjust settings

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It works when I leave the lid open. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.