Help with getting G4! ! ! !

Reaction score
Hey.

Im looking to switch, but i dont want an iBook because it wont work with core image when Tiger comes out. I also dont want a PowerMac G5, because its too expensive. And i do not want a iMac because i dont liek the look and they are not expandable. So i narrowed it down to a PowerMac G4. But i dont really know where to get a NEW one. I looked online, and everyone is used or refurbished. Does anyone know a online store that ships to canada that sells New or Open Box Powermac G4's?

Thanks alot.

Shaun.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Well thats great... except i dont live in the US...Any sites that ship to Canada?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
thats pretty good, Id say go for it.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
I was on the apple site an entered these specs for a single 1.8 G5. Its a little bit cheaper than the G4 on that site. This G5 is 1,918 Canadian dollars.

• 256MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x128
• 80GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra w/64MB DDR SDRAM
• Combo (CD-RW/DVD-ROM)
• Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
• Mac OS X - U.S. English

This is the G4 off of powermax.com. It is 1,987.37 Canadian dollars.

256 MB of RAM
80 GB internal drive
internal Combo Drive
internal 56k modem
includes keyboard and mouse

Would the G5 be faster because of higher FSB, and because its jsut a G5 processor?

What one would you get? I kind of want the G5 because its cheaper, and it will probably last longer.

What do you think. Thanks for the quick reply mac mac!!

M

Mark Raven

Well, I know hardly anything about this, but... I'd say the G5. I mean, the RAM and hard drive is the same, AND it's faster, AND it's cheaper. I don't really see why you'd want the G4 over that.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
I dont anymore. It's jsut when i found that G4, i didn't know i could get a G5 for that price. Thanks alot... I think thats all the help i need !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.