Free music

Reaction score
I changed to a mac from a pc over a year ago. i was using a free music site, but it is not mac friendly. is there any safe site that is mac friendly?

OP
K
Reaction score
Swiched from a pc to mac. my old free music site isnt mac friendly. are there any safe sites that are?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Swiched from a pc to mac. my old free music site isnt mac friendly. are there any safe sites that are?

I thought everybody knew about Limewire but I don't see it mentioned. I use it regularly, and have never had hacking/invasion problems with my Mac.

A good firewall is absolutely essential, and I've found the MacOS deals with that issue very well. Make sure the Network Proxies are kept to a minimum. Clean out your Shared folder regularly, keeping contents to a manageable number, bearing in mind that Limewire is P2P so it's considered the 'done thing' to make sure you're contributing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
I thought everybody knew about Limewire but I don't see it mentioned. I use it regularly, and have never had hacking/invasion problems with my Mac.

A good firewall is absolutely essential, and I've found the MacOS deals with that issue very well. Make sure the Network Proxies are kept to a minimum. Clean out your Shared folder regularly, keeping contents to a manageable number, bearing in mind that Limewire is P2P so it's considered the 'done thing' to make sure you're contributing.

Please review the forum rules... anything to do with pirating is strictly prohibited to talk about. Nothing illegal by US standards is allowed to be posted on Mac-Forums.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=77&a=7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 2GHZ, Core2Duo
I use torrents, like say if i only want 1 song of an album ill open the torrent file in Transmission and just untick all the songs i dont want, SIMPLE!

Limewire = Malware, Spam etc..

MadChild

xx

Reaction score
Just a note for all you music lovers out there. Limewire and most other so called free music places are mostly illegal pirate services. Many of the so called "free music" places end up costing you money in the long run.

You might consider something different, check out Creative Commons license music at places such as http://music.podshow.com/ also http://www.garageband.com/

This music is free and it is legal and many times is every bit as good as commercial music. There are songs in almost every genre you can name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.