is the iPhone your only phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac | 30GB iPod Video | 16GB iPod Touch
I'm wondering how many people use their iPhones as both their cell and landlines. Please vote in the poll. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Seems like this would apply to any cell phone really. I don't think there's anything unique about the iPhone to make it more or less suited to replace a landline than any other cell.

BTW...moving to the correct forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I personally don't use the landline in my house, though my dad keeps it for various reasons, including the fax.

However, when I was living on campus, we didn't bother to get a landline because we all had cell phones. When I move away to law school, I won't be getting a land line there either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
Yeah its my only phone.

Reaction score
I have both but I only use my iPhone. My landline is only there because I need it to get my DSL. If someone tries to call my landline, they get the message that I am currently not taking calls due to the call curfew feature Qwest offers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MacBook Air, 2.13GHZ, 4GB RAM, 256GB Flash Memory, SuperDrive, 32GB iPhone 4
I heard a poll taken by CNN(i think) that said now 1 in 6 American households have no landlines and use cell phones as their primary means of communication

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.