Dreamweaver Crashing!!!

Z

zakm52

For some reason when ever I click "OK" on the window that edits pop-up menus, dreamweaver just closes.... it just quits. This use to happen occasionally but now its like every time. Anyone know whats going on?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Have you tried deleting the preferences? thatll probably do it. its located in users/your username/library/preferences/dreamweaver mx or whatever version preferences.

OP
Z

zakm52

I tried deleting the prefs... didn't work. I guess i will try re-installing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
did you delete dreamweaver in the applications folder before reinstalling? if not, try that, so when it installs, its a fresh install. also, have you tried repairing permissions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
hmm
keep guessing....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
What version are you running? Dreamweaver MX or Dreamweaver MX 2004?

If MX 2004, then I would advise you update to Dreamweaver MX 2004 7.0.1 if you've not already done so, this should solve many of the in-sable problems.

If it's still crashing then, trash the application from the application folder and do a fresh installation, followed by a update. It's unusual for the Dreamweaver to crash like this. There could be other corrupted files in the Configuration folder.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.