PLEASE HELP! Unique Bootcamp Install question

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to Leopard so I can install my Windows XP on it.

I ran Bootcamp and everything was smooth. the only issue I have is when installing my Windows. I originally bought windows XP to upgrade my Windows 2000.

During the XP install it asks me to insert my original windows 2000 disk (which I have) but the problem is.....I can not eject my Windows XP disk in order to put the 2000 disk in.

Is there anything I can do? Or a way to manually eject?

I've already tried to boot from external hard drive but that does not seem to work.

Can I burn an image of Both DVDs to an external hard drive and instal llike that?

Reaction score
Have you considered using Parallels, this is a much better way of installing / using Windows or any other OS for that matter on the Mac.

I installed it a few months back and I can't believe how well it works, you can just have Windows running like any App rather having to boot into Windows or OS X.

I use 3D software via it and even this type of software works well.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have just upgraded to Leopard so I can install my Windows XP on it.

I ran Bootcamp and everything was smooth. the only issue I have is when installing my Windows. I originally bought windows XP to upgrade my Windows 2000.

During the XP install it asks me to insert my original windows 2000 disk (which I have) but the problem is.....I can not eject my Windows XP disk in order to put the 2000 disk in.

Is there anything I can do? Or a way to manually eject?

I've already tried to boot from external hard drive but that does not seem to work.

Can I burn an image of Both DVDs to an external hard drive and instal llike that?

Boot Camp has very specific requirements to work properly if you look at the documentation. You must have either a non-branded OEM or retail version of Windows XP (full) with SP2 integrated or Vista. You may not use upgrade editions, nor can you use branded OEM discs (like Dell or HP system restore discs).

If you choose to install Windows 98/2000 or other obsolete versions, be aware that there is no driver support for the Mac hardware, nor will you be able to access the Boot Camp utilities within Windows.

You can eject the disc manually by holding the mouse or trackpad button during startup until the disc ejects. Also, you'll need to choose OS X by rebooting again, this time holding down the Option key. You should then be prompted for which disk you want to boot from. Be sure to choose "Macintosh HD". Then, go into System Preferences => Startup Disk, to change the default boot disk to OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.