Macbook Pro slow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
My wifes Macbook Pro has slowed down a lot. Its not just programs but the whole system. The best way I can describe is is that its in slow motion. when i minimize or maximize programs (firefox, safari, disk utility, iTunes, etc) it goes in slow motion going to the dock or back to the desktop. when clicking options on the toolbar that requires more options to slide out it takes about 2-3 seconds. I checked activity monitor and nothing seems out of the ordinary. processes like safariand itunes use about 4-7% cpu. I have 1GB of ram and it says 454MB are free. Typing is slow also.

I ran verify disk and check permissions and it says everything is ok.

We have Leopard with all the updates. The only difference is that we are connected to her moms wireless network and we installed logmein.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
My guess would be to fix it - reinstall or call apple.

Just make sure she is not holding shift down, as that introduces slow mo when minimizing programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
[2008 MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz,4GB Ram,250GB HD,512MB VIDEO] [16GB iPhone]
how are ur fan speeds?

OP
alucard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont recall hearing them while ive been troubleshooting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I regularly post a thread on how to speed up Macs that are slowing down. I just posted it again today in response to another query. See this thread for the details.

OP
alucard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I re installed Leopard and it seems to have worked. However I installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 and its slowed down again. So im not sure if its that program or not. going to do some research.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.