Final Cut Studio 2 glitch

Reaction score
This program is driving me crazy

I installed Final Cut Studio 2 with all the other crap that comes with it (Motion, Livetype, DVD Studio Pro, etc). All the other programs are working fine, but whenever I try to open the actual FINAL CUT program it bounces once in the dock, and won't load.

Keep in mind that before installing all this software it is recommended that you have 1 GB of RAM, but I only have half that. That said, I was told that it would work anyways, and all the other applications do.

I've tried deleting preferences, making a new account on my Mac, but nothing works.

I have all my software (including Final Cut) updated and ready to go, but it just won't start working.

What should I do???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i hate to say this, but your going to need more ram.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Final Cut Studio 2 System Requirements

Recommended Configurations

The following are recommended for all applications:
  • 2GB of RAM when working with compressed HD and uncompressed SD sources
  • 4GB of RAM when working with uncompressed HD sources
Minimum Requirements to Install All Final Cut Studio Applications

• A Macintosh computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • An AGP or PCI Express Quartz Extreme graphics card (Final Cut Studio is not compatible with integrated Intel graphics processors)
  • A display with 1024-by-768 resolution or higher
  • Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
  • QuickTime 7.1.6 or later
  • A DVD drive for installation
Per Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 24inch, 4GB, 3.06GHz. 500G hard drive
I am recently a new Mac user after years on a PC, how silly i was to stay there so long!! So now with my new Mac i am after Final Cut Studio 2 and Final Draft. As i have just shelled out thousands for my new set up, i am open to ideas on how to get these 2 programs. I would love to say that i would like to just walk into a shop and purchase both straight out, but realistically i am not Donald Trump and don't have his cash either. So if anyone has ideas or can help out a new Mac user, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
strawberryspread

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.