Assistance please

S

sliverwhim

Greetings.
I am a pc user currently trying to administer my airport extreme from my dell laptop wirelessly.
I downloaded the airport admin utility for windows, but i am unable to make any changes to the airport extreme; I can log into the base station from the chooser, but everytime i try to update, the utility comes back with: Error code -4: An error occured while trying to access the base station. make sure your network connection is valid and try again."
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-daniel

OP
S

sliverwhim

i forgot to mention about the setup, in case it makes a difference:
My house uses cable internet, which each room hooked up to a linksys wired router. i have wired my airport extreme to the router, and am trying to access it wirelessly from my dell laptop.
right.
thanks again,
-d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Mine has done this occasionally on the Mac. I've usually had to reset the base station a few times and it would work. I once had to physically unplug my 2.4Ghz phone to get it to work though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.