Removable media rejected straight away

Reaction score
As im pretty new to macs i dont know if its just be being an idiot or a genuine problem but i have asked all my friends that have macs and they don't know either.

Basically what is happening is that when ever i insert either a pen drive or my iPod nano (3rd gen) it will just eject it straight away without warning or asking me if i want to do so.

but if i put the devices in before i turn my mac on, then switch on it recognises them and doesnt eject them, but it is really annoying having to turn my mac off and on again when ever i want to connect my ipod :Not-Amused:

i tried ringing the apple store but they said as my mini was out of warranty that i'd have to pay for their help but they suggested i go on apple.com/support and see if i could find and solve the problem myself

this didnt help

I've tried what it said on the apple site and also tried repairing disk permissions

none of this helped

please help

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you enabled disk use on that nano from iTunes. Try it next time you get the nano mounted, otherwise itunes will kick in and eject your ipod

OP
R
Reaction score
yeah disk use is enabled, but its not just my ipod :(

i hope i don't have to re-install OS-X

Reaction score
Is this plugging into a usb port by chance? Have you tried using a different port?

OP
R
Reaction score
yeah i have tried all 4 usb ports and each time it just ejects it, the power is still there cause my ipod charges and the red light on my pen drive still lights up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.