firefox 2 vs 3 beta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Is it worth upgrading to firefox 3 beta or should I just wait til the final release? Thanks!

Reaction score
Firefox 3 is now in RC1, no longer Beta. FF3 is much better than FF2 but almost no add-ons work for it yet. The final release is supposed to be out next month so if you do wait it won't be a long wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
IMHO, Firefox 2.x is a fine browser - stable, well shaken out, well supported. By definition FF3.x is pre release. This implies that it is likely less stable than other browsers. I would (an am) waiting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
I've been using the various versions of FF3 betas for awhile. Lightning fast, and very stable browser platform. I've had no crashes, even with the betas. The newest version is still an RC, (a release candidate), so the developers for plugins and add ons are staying put until the official version is released before releasing their updates. I pretty much use FF3 for all my browser needs. The migration from FF2 to FF3 has been taking place since they came out with beta 3.2, (I believe).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
There were certificate problems with the beta, we'll see how it is with the RC1 version on Monday. I know there was a bugzilla tracker report opened for it. Hope they fixed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Many of the top ad-ons do work BTW, especially things like Ad-Block (needed more than ever now) and most of the popular themes.

It's a better browser than FF2, and very close to Safari for speed now. Highly recommended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 12" iBook G4, 14" iBook G4 running Ubuntu 7.10
I've been using it for work (on both my MBP and Linux box) and have not had any issues. Stable, fast, great features and nice looking too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac | 30GB iPod Video | 16GB iPod Touch
I prefer FF2, but 3 is pretty good. I would wait until the final release. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.