wireless to xbox 360

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
hey guys whats up, i have what seems to be a simple question. i want to use my airport connection to bridge over to my 360 since i dont want to buy long cables or overpriced adapters. i went into sharing and enabled internet sharing but this doesnt seem to work. anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

-Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I don't quite understand.

Do you mean you can't share files or the xbox isn't connecting to the internet?

Reaction score
What I think he means, is have his MacBook share its internet connection with the Xbox via Ethernet cable. So use the MBPs wifi to pick up the signal, and then transfer it to the xbox. Right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Ah, I tried that one and can't get it to work either.

Reaction score
I have this same set-up.
In SHARING enable Airport to share with ethernet(which you've already done.)
In NETWORK go to your ethernet connection. Go to the TCP/IP tab and turn configure IPv4: off.
Now on your XBOX 360 put in these settings:
IP address:192.168.2.2
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0
Gateway:192.168.2.1
Primary DNS:the IP address of your wireless router.(most defaults are 192.168.1.1) You can find this on your Mac under Network>Airport>TCP/IP.
There should be a field that says router.

That should allow you to access XBOX Live, but your NAT will be moderate which means you may not be able to connect to some friends or hear their voice chat. I'm currently working on that problem.

OP
kkelly122
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
sorry guys for being late ive been out of town,
yea im trying to access xbox live from my mbp and it isnt realy working. ill try what jrd says and ill let you guys know if it works

Reaction score
I have this same set-up.
In NETWORK go to your ethernet connection. Go to the TCP/IP tab and turn configure IPv4: off.
Primary DNS:the IP address of your wireless router.(most defaults are 192.168.1.1) You can find this on your Mac under Network>Airport>TCP/IP.

That should allow you to access XBOX Live, but your NAT will be moderate which means you may not be able to connect to some friends or hear their voice chat. I'm currently working on that problem.

I tried all of this, and I can't get past the DNS test. It keeps saying I failed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
Port forward ports 88 UDP, 3074 TCP, and 3074 UDP. This will make your NAT open and will allow incoming and outgoing connections.

AIM: josephhhali if you need help

Reaction score
I have this same set-up.

the same setup applies to me.
i can get open nat settings when i plug directly into my time capsule and all settings automatic.
moderate settings via airport to ethernet internet sharing.

ARE THERE ANY NEWS REGARDING THIS PROBLEM!??

thank you!!!

Reaction score
First post in an almost 2 year old thread, but have there been any developments in being able to get the NAT to read as Open? I have googled my brains out here and can't find an answer, so rather than make a new thread, I'll bump this old one instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.