Itunes exclusively on external hard drive...

Reaction score
Basically I want my iTunes to be stored on the external hard drive linked through my Airport Extreme.

I want everything on there, art work, songs, everything and I want absolutely nothing on my Mac Book Pro, because I want to be able to disconnect and work offline using all the computers power

At the moment it's sort of sharing things between both, some of the artwork and new music is staying on the mac in the: users/ukaser/music/itunes.

There is a folder titled Album Artwork and two files: iTunes Library and iTune Music Library.xml.

Are these big files, or are they just wee pics and programme files that keep iTunes operational? If they are I'm happy for them to stay there...

If this is the case and, hypothetically of course, my laptop breaks will I have to re-organise my folders to get them back to the way they were on the 'old' computer?

Lots of q's!
Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.