Imac g4 RAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
I have an imac g4 that has been having kernal panic attacks. I was advised to take out the 512mb RAM upgrade that was installed in the computer previous to my purchase. When i opened up the bottom to remove the RAM i saw that one of the clips that hold in the stick was slightly bent and was not holding the stick properly. Could this looseness be causing the kernel panics? Thankx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
I have an imac g4 that has been having kernal panic attacks. I was advised to take out the 512mb RAM upgrade that was installed in the computer previous to my purchase. When i opened up the bottom to remove the RAM i saw that one of the clips that hold in the stick was slightly bent and was not holding the stick properly. Could this looseness be causing the kernel panics? Thankx.
Absolutely. Loose or bad ram can cause kernel panics. Leave the ram module out and see if it continues.

OP
justin_clark93
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
thanks

thanks for ur advice. i really need to get this machine up and running because i am about to sell it. :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.