finder says a full cd is empty

Reaction score
I'm about to install a program on my macbook pro. I get the cd, insert it, and then... finder ask what I would like to do with this EMPTY disc. So... I think "that's weird", and give the disc to my friend (who also has a macbook pro) so that he can try it. It works. All the files are there. I get it back, finder tells me it's empty. I boot into windows. Windows tells me its empty. I try the disc on about four other computers, and, guess what! All the files are there!

I'm starting to think that it's something wrong with my computer, so I find another cd, just to be sure. Everything works. I get my friend to make a copy of the original disc. Yet again, it works on his computer, but not mine.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Maybe the files on the CD are corrupted or the disc is defective? Perhaps try copying the stuff on the CD from your friend's Mac onto an external HD or flash drive.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hm... The files seems to work fine. Got someone to make a cd image for me, and the transfer over the network. Now heres the new exciting thing. I've tried to burn the thing to several different discs. It appears to be working, I the files are all there when the burning is done. Then, when the CD is ejected and inserted again, it appears empty. If I leave the disc in, and restarts the computer, same thing happens. I have to boot from this disc, so it is kind of annoying.

OP
C
Reaction score
By the way. All of the new CD's works perfectly on all other computers than mine, both Windows and mac. I have also upgraded to Leopard since I first came across this problem, and my computer have no problem with any other CD's or DVD's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.