Does Pram battery affect ram amt?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 mirror front
I have the warning saying that my clock is set to an earlier date, I just ordered a new Pram (OUCH) anyway while checking my ram it says I only have 512, so I removed the cover and have 2 512's installed from when it was purchased, but the computer only recognizes 1 in the top slot, I switched them around and as long as its in the top slot it show s & starts ok but still says 512 are loaded, I put 2 1 gigs in from a friends computer and it shows only 1 gig,
so I either have a problem with the lower slot or as I said in the title could it be the pram ,

thanks dennis at idofotos . com
Dennis

Powerbook G4 with 1.5 gig processor
Aluminum low res

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Idofotos,

Don't really know if PRAM is the reason for your RAM problems, but I suspect it simply a bad RAM slot. I could be wrong, though. In any case, wait until you get your new PRAM installed and see what happens to your RAM... If it's the PRAM, you'll have your answer toute suite.

Noel

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 mirror front
Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I hope its not a bad ram slot, that sounds expensive, I got the Pram ordered it was $79. bucks + shipping Thanks again
Dennis

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.