• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Quality Laptop Bag?

Reaction score
Just bought my MacBook and I want to give it a good carrying case. Something possibly leathery but not TOO expensive.

I am looking for more thin and light but sturdy also. Mostly simplistic.

General brands and company's would be a great help, or should I go through the apple store (they seem a bit marked up there, but I need to double check).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
you can search the apple store find what you like and then find a cheaper store who sells it.

i dont know to many leather cases but i have an osprey courier style bag that i would highly recommend. it is on the pricey side though

you could try here. they seem to have a lot of different options

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I recommend the TM Small Alley bag. I've had it since the spring and love it. Its really well made too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
the INCASE's are very good if you just want something to protect it when you throw it in your bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have a Brenthaven bag coming soon... I'll post a review once it arrives!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM, 250 GB HDD, Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard
I like the Targus line personally. I actually found my Targus on the side of the road outside of my work, so I got mine free, and it works mighty fine.

OP
N
Reaction score
I appreciate the responses =)

I recommend the TM Small Alley bag. I've had it since the spring and love it. Its really well made too!

I searched this one, as I am all of the recommendations, didn't find anything in Google? What is the TM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.