G3 ibook and tiger?!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD
hey first of all i should introduce myself a bit as this is my first thread. Im Davvyk and im based outa the cathedral city of Durham UNITED KINGDOM! if you havnt been...go...its great. Anyway i was looking for some advice.

Ive got the opportunity to pick up a g3 ibook 500mhz 128 ram for $100. i already own an imac but ive been pining for a really cheap laptop to sit on the sofa browsing the web and posting to macbeginners.net.

my question is will this laptop do the business as its got tiger installed and id assume that tiger would run like crap on it?

how bads my assumption?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I don't know how they got Tiger installed with 128 megs of ram! That will run painfully slow. But for a hundred bucks I would spend a touch more on some ram, pretty good machine for couch surfing.

OP
Davvyk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
il see if i can track down some modules. now to figure out what they take.

OP
Davvyk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey first of all i should introduce myself a bit as this is my first thread. Im Davvyk and im based outa the cathedral city of Durham UNITED KINGDOM! if you havnt been...go...its great. Anyway i was looking for some advice.

Ive got the opportunity to pick up a g3 ibook 500mhz 128 ram for $100. i already own an imac but ive been pining for a really cheap laptop to sit on the sofa browsing the web and posting to macbeginners.net.

my question is will this laptop do the business as its got tiger installed and id assume that tiger would run like crap on it?

how bads my assumption?

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.