Can I replace a G4 15" LCD with a 15" LCD from an older G4 Titanium?

Reaction score
I was curious, would this work?

They are both essentially LCD's (though I'm sure they are variably different?)

Would an LCD from a G4 titanium be compatible with (the aluminum/updated powerbook G4? minus the bezel, just the LCD)

My G4 powerbook's LCD is jacked. I know I need to upgrade to the next macbook pro, (just to save anyone the time)
I have a huge bleeding scar on the right side of the monitor, and everything I see right now is inverted like a color photo negative.

So could I replace my LCD with an older one?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge.

-W

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I don't think so I recently replaced the LCD on 15inch PB I had and I do believe they are different,You can pick up an LCD very cheap on Ebay I got a complete display assemble for about $70.00

OP
W
Reaction score
I bought one off Ebay for $25, but little did I know it was from a titanium, that's why I was asking. I think it should work, unless someone can clarify otherwise.

You got one for $70? It must've been a good bid. I was outbid by someone who managed to grab the same one for $150.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
believe it or not that was a buy it now for $70.00 ..... I searched for a while...considering a Aluminum LCD can cost upwards of $400....Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.