Question about programs.

Reaction score
Hello. I just bought my first MacBook a week ago and am new to all things Mac. I'm so happy I've made the switch from PC but I really miss the program I used to use to create business letters, invitation, all sorts of documents. I think it was called Microsoft Works. Do I have anything like that on my new MacBook? I've looked at what I think is all my programs, I especially love iDVD and iMovie but I can't seem to find anything to help me write a business letter. I apologize for my inexperience. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There should be a trial of the iWork suite in your Applications folder (the application you're looking for in particular is called "Pages", which is part of that suite). That should be able to do the things that Works did for you (which is also an "extra cost" item on Windows).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Try neooffice? I think that may have something just like that. It is a free open source program. http://www.neooffice.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.