Fastest ram for Macbook pro?

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Macbook pro, but I've been told by a few people to not by RAM from Apple and just buy RAM off newegg or somewhere..

I was wondering which are compatible and the fastest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Apple overcharges for ram.O:)

Easiest way is to scan your system from Crucial. You can also check out OWC.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Any idea what is the fastest speed RAM Macbook pro will support?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Thanks for the link. Any idea what is the fastest speed RAM Macbook pro will support?
Which model do you have? (processor, screen size)

OP
D
Reaction score
Which model do you have? (processor, screen size)

I'm looking to buy one.. but I know I'm going to get the 2.5GHz/17"
Unless if I'm able to get faster RAM with the 2.6 I'll think about getting that one.

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Macbook pro, but I've been told by a few people to not by RAM from Apple and just buy RAM off newegg or somewhere..

I was wondering which are compatible and the fastest?

On a related note, I spoke to an independent Mac technician just yesterday and he said the latest line of Macbooks is being released in 3-weeks. I'm not sure if there will be any change in ram, but it would probably be wise to wait that 3-weeks so you can get the very latest MB pro.

OP
D
Reaction score
On a related note, I spoke to an independent Mac technician just yesterday and he said the latest line of Macbooks is being released in 3-weeks. I'm not sure if there will be any change in ram, but it would probably be wise to wait that 3-weeks so you can get the very latest MB pro.

hmm.. interesting.. I was hoping they release a quad-core macbook pro.. but I just couldn't wait and just decided to go with a Macbook Pro..

3 weeks doesn't seem that long.. I guess I can hold off till then.. but I still want to know what the fastest RAM I am able to use on the current Macbook pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
hmm.. interesting.. I was hoping they release a quad-core macbook pro.. but I just couldn't wait and just decided to go with a Macbook Pro..

3 weeks doesn't seem that long.. I guess I can hold off till then.. but I still want to know what the fastest RAM I am able to use on the current Macbook pro.

2GIG each in 2 slots , thats 4GB Maximum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
DVS_WiNdz,

Most of the third party Mac memory I've seen is PC 5300 DDR2 667, but I mistakenly bought some PC 6400 DDR2 800 at Best Buy and wondered if I could use it. The Apple guy in Best Buy told me "no problem" but I ended up returning it and buying the lower speed. (I was chicken :)) I think you could get away with the 800...

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.