Wedding Critique

Reaction score
I love critique. I would like for this thread to be a critique thread, and even contain harsh critiquing if need be. The theme for this thread is wedding. I just shot a wedding last week, and I am playing around with black and white pictures with color highlights.

Tell me what you think about the picture below. If you would like to see a couple more pictures or more of my shots search for kc0ngg on Flickr. If you have a flicker account please add me as a friend, I love looking through pictures.

In your post please include your wedding photos (that YOU took), and a Flickr link is possible. Thank You.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/2494405280_6d8e74382f_o.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I think perhaps the two elements seem a bit unconnected somehow. The bouquet looks pasted onto a blurry background in my opinion.

It might work in a larger shot, but why do you want to highlight certain objects in colour? For a wedding, I think the focus should be on the people - highlighting objects seems a bit unnecessary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
I like it. I know that when I was waiting for my pics from my wedding a few years back my wife wanted a lot of pictures & shots of her bouquet were included. Something like this would be cool to have. I have about 1800 photos from my wedding and about 5 of the bouquet alone but nothing this interesting.

OP
K
Reaction score
I think perhaps the two elements seem a bit unconnected somehow. The bouquet looks pasted onto a blurry background in my opinion.

It might work in a larger shot, but why do you want to highlight certain objects in colour? For a wedding, I think the focus should be on the people - highlighting objects seems a bit unnecessary.

It was by request!!!

OP
K
Reaction score
I like it. I know that when I was waiting for my pics from my wedding a few years back my wife wanted a lot of pictures & shots of her bouquet were included. Something like this would be cool to have. I have about 1800 photos from my wedding and about 5 of the bouquet alone but nothing this interesting.

I noticed that about brides. The weddings I have shot, the brides really like the close ups of the bouquets and the flowers. Which is understandable I guess. If a bride spends over $150 on her bouquet, than somebody better get a picture of it. Our bride also liked the close ups of the Wedding mints and all of the flowers etc, etc, etc. I personally like colored highlights. On my flickr account there is a picture of her and the groom with color highlights. I guess its an artistic thing. My photography mentor always tells me that photography s the only art subjective to the buyers opinion. Naturally not everyone likes this style, but I think it ads some class in appropriate situations. If you look at the picture above in the largest size on the flickr account, you will see all of the sparkles and bead glare above the bouquet. I think it displays her dress and the bouquet nicely. It was also done on request.

So lets see some other persons wedding photos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.