Network Diagnostic

Reaction score
Just bought my 1st Macbook (1st Mac in fact).
Having one little problem with the wireless section.
I did search the forum, but didn't find anything.
Ok, here's the thing, everytime I start/reboot the Mac, the internet will not be able to connect automatically, I have to use the Network Diagnostic to get it to work. No biggy, 5-6 more clicks, but would like to solve this...

All my other systems (windows xp) connects just fine. Even the blackberry having no trouble.
Any ideas?

Thank you. :D

Reaction score
Congrats on the great purchase!

Just to clarfy: If you click on the airport icon in the menu bar:
1. Does the network show up there?
2. If so, what happens when you click on it?

OP
C
Reaction score
The my network does show, but when I click on my own network to attempt to connect, I get a "connection time out"
So, the only way to connect is through Safari's Network Diagnostic...
Weird...

Reaction score
Same exact problem.

Yes i have the same exact problem as you. I have not figured it out yet. When I run diagnostic it asks for the password and i enter it. then it tries to connect and says that it was not able to connect to network even tho it does connect to it. its weird. Please help.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'd recommend reading the Wireless Networking FAQ. Even though it might not seem to be specific to your problems, the general guidelines outlined in that FAQ will resolve a number of issues, including the inability to automatically reconnect to a wireless network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.