After data "Migration" to new MBP, deleted Norton AV rears ugly head

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
Hello

I recently received my new MBP 15" and the first thing I did was transfer files & data via Firewire from my older iBook G4 using Migration Assistant. I had deleted Norton AV from my iBook after numerous, annoying reminders to upgrade, etc.

Now, whenever I mount a disk image/ download new apps in my new MacBook Pro, a Norton AV warning window pops up. I have searched through my System Folder and almost everywhere else I can think of but I cannot seem to find where it is coming from. I am not a pro-user but I have been using Macs since my high school days (mid-80s). I thought that I had deleted all Norton files/ folders/ libraries but maybe I missed something? :\

Can anyone help me? I did download OnyX for 10.5 and did a clean-up though I am not sure it took care of the problem. Any settings in OnyX that I can tweak to deal with this? BTW, is any form of AV ( not Norton - not a fan) Application recommended? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your consideration. I am really finding these forums helpful.

Best,
Gavin

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
Thanks very much!

I think that has done the trick. I am learning everytime I come here and it's empowering.

Thanks again.

Gavin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.