Question regarding PC to Apple iPod transfer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
I transfered everything fine. However my iPod (80 GB) is still saying that it is formatted for PC and when I try to check for updates I am getting an error. Do I need to re-format this into Apple? And if so how do I re-format the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
Are you switching the computer that the iPod will be plugged into more to a Mac? If you want to sync it into your Mac primarily, simply plug it in and select restore from the iTunes screen when the iPod comes up in it. This will wipe your iPod clean, reformat it for Mac, and the reload all of your music from your iTunes on the Mac onto the iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB
To reformat the iPod to Mac, its is very easy. Plug the iPod in and when the screen comes up in iTunes for the iPod, select restore. This will wipe the iPod clean, reformat it, and then load all of your music from your Mac back onto the iPod. After you do that, you will be able to update the software for your iPOd from your Mac.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just FYI, this is a zombie thread, resurrected by a spammer. I have removed the spammer's post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.