Crazy Slow Down

Reaction score
Hey guys, been using macs for over 10 years. Recently purchased an Air, was loving it until this week. Suddenly everything is runny crazy slow. Even while I type this things are not very responsive. What gives? I've tried re-booting (always works on my work PC) but no luck. Any tips? This is incredibly frustrating...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Give Onyx a shot yet?

OP
S
Reaction score
Never used it before. Just took a look at it, but concerned with adding other applications that I won't need - do a lot of people use it here? I'd probably prefer to figure out what the heck is going on without adding additional software - this shouldn't be occurring...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
It is odd. Check your about this mac and make sure a RAM module hasn't failed. People use Onyx here like crazy. Thats how I learned about it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
what are the apps you have open when these things happen? I had the MBA for just a week and realized that its garbage coz anytime if i have 4 or 5 apps open like itunes,iphoto, mail.app, vlc and ical it would become unresponsive and beachballs for a while and comes to a screeching halt. I took it to the apple store but they gave it back to me saying that the stress test have passed (72 hours running the machine in idle mode, wat the heck?)

I have no more words. The Air is sleeping now and i will be unloading it pretty soon.

OP
S
Reaction score
I didn't have any apps open, just Safari. I will check the ram module when I get home tonight - thanks for the tip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air
I've had this problem too with my MBA... basically think they marketed this new laptop awesomely and as a result... a lot of suckers bought one (me included)
Pretty disappointed, my plan was to sell my imac when I bought the MBA... but bugger that, I need the iMac as a fully functioning computer!

Reaction score
Apple is a very large company with a reputation to keep. I highly doubt they will ever try and scam their customers. Obviously something is wrong, its not normal for a computer to just suddenly slow down so much. But Apple playing you just isnt happening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.