• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Express Ratio Export Problem?

Reaction score
I'm editing a few videos that I took with the MBP insight Camera. When I export the video (Export > Quicktime Movie) the end result is a bit wider video than the original that I've imported. Is there a way to change this? I get no options of ratio sizes when I do a new project. Again I'm using Final Cut Express. Thanks

Travis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
What is the end use for this? TV or digital such as web?

In FCP there are two Quicktime export options. The second one gives the standard export window that allows you to customize the codecs, sizes, audio, etc. See this link for what I'm talking about.

Also my iMovie Export Guide may help show some of the options. The "size setting" window has the option to preserve the aspect ratio, but if you export as the current size, it will be grayed out so you can't choose it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.