• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

2010 Mac(s)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
That looks pretty awesome and not too unbelievable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
looks interesting. i would consider it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Wasn't something like this rumored on before Macworld 2008? There were patent filings and everything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
That thing is awesome! Oh and i like that chuck norris pick :p lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
that would be a great idea if:

the HD was inside the tablet? or have two installs, that synced/mirrored eachother?

I mean, you pull the Tablet out, and you wanna take what your working on with you, along with itunes....blah blah blah.

you want both to function independently id assume too.

It seems cool, but there is an awful lot of loose ends to be stitched up in that design. Id prefer to have a 27" imac, that i slide my MBP into :) yummy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Looks awesome!

But I wouldn't like a touchscreen tablet for a notebook to carry around since I'm really clumsy. A notebook to slot in would be awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
Wasn't something like this rumored on before Macworld 2008? There were patent filings and everything

From what I read, the article uses patents filed by Apple and have added colour and other attributes to predict some of the products of the future.

If Apple made the product on the cover, I would definitely want to get the "iTablet."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The link only took me to a .mac account to view photos.

From the description, it read like something I saw a few months ago before the last MB/MBA update. Or it was the last iMac update last year. In either case, it seemed like a really weird to me. I couldn't understand the usefulness of a laptop dock built into the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I don't know.. what if it gets stuck or something? I would prefer a simple dock. But that's just personal preference i guess..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Is that "Amsterdam" playing in iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
From the description, it read like something I saw a few months ago before the last MB/MBA update.

Bingo. This is basically that rumor rehashed with the portable unit changed to a very thin tablet instead of a subnotebook similar to an Eee PC. (sp?)

With the powerful Atom processors coming out, I think the portable unit itself is very possible and I would love to see one, but I think the idea of docking into the iMac is impractical. Could the 2 units actually share hardware and be as powerful or more powerful than either alone? Could the iMac function without the portable unit and how? I just don't see it.

I would rather have this as my 2010 Mac:

1404202217_655d68bba1.jpg

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
The link only took me to a .mac account to view photos.

From the description, it read like something I saw a few months ago before the last MB/MBA update. Or it was the last iMac update last year. In either case, it seemed like a really weird to me. I couldn't understand the usefulness of a laptop dock built into the iMac.

There is a picture of the computer that I scanned into the computer and then uploaded it to my pictures. It shows how the iTablet docks into the iMac. The iTablet has it's own HD and processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Actually, the way I read it was that the iMac looking thing was simply a shell with a built in LCD. You pop the laptop/tablet into the side and the iMac thing essentially acts like a docking station. So you aren't getting two computers, but rather a small laptop and a fancy docking station.

Reaction score
i have no idea why there is no dock in my imac stand built in for my ipod. very annoying imo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I think I'd rather have a ModBook and a normal display... with an HDMI input :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz/120GB/4GB
i don't see this being too different from the actual advances we will see by 2010...looks sweet to me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.