Fan problem

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Excuse me for my bad english :)

I have a problem with the stupid fans in my macbook pro. Is is a core 2 duo, the latest ones. Only have him 2 weeks.

Now the problem: Because my fans didn't changed of speed, i downloaded smcFanController, but i have read on the internet it's better nog to use them, and only use the build in programm from Appe. But i think i don't have this programm, which is it?

Some guys told me the porgramm is named FanControlDaemon, and you can get it back, when you install Fan Control, so i uninstalled smcFancontroller and installed Fan Control. But i still don't get the programm in my activity screen. So i uninstalled it. But now the fans do change of speed but they are runnen fast. At this moment my mbp is 50 degrees and the fans are at 2800 rpm. Is that normal, is it possible to get them to 2000rpm without forcing my system even not burn it?

Kind regards

Speedy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Normal fan speed (idle) is around 1800 RPM. As the load increases on the CPU fan speeds should increase accordingly. If your fans were not working correctly then a program like SMCFanControl is not going to resolve the problem.

You say your MBP is only two weeks old? If so, then it's under warranty and should be taken back to the Apple store or where you purchased it from. Let them trouble shoot it and resolve the problem.

I hope my reply makes sense to you and that I understood your message correctly.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
But now they are working.

My programms working at this moment: Adium, Itunes, Safari and soms widgets and Menu Bar scripts...

Temps: 46 - 50 degres, fans; 2500-2900rpm.

Is that normal? Can someone compare with my results?

OP
S
Reaction score
Now 44 degrees, 2128rpm.

Some tests: now my fans are controlling their selves. But when i install SmcFanController and i put the speed to 4000rpm, they go to 4000rpm for a second and then they go back to their normal speed.
Is that normal? Can somebody test it?

On an other forum, there are some guys whose fans' speed change automaticcaly. Now they installed smcfancontroller and and they can put the speed to 4000rpm. They keep running on 4000rpm, they don't go slower...

Can someone pls tell me what case is normal?

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5/15.4/4G/250G/
First off please don't apologize for your english. I wish I spoke your native language as well as you're speaking english! You're doing fine. Remember, if youre going to remove a program like this fan control you have to go to your system folder/library/start up items and remove the program. Then you must to to your preferencepanes folder and remove the program there too.

OP
S
Reaction score
ok, but is that a advise or should i better leave it?

I think I should better leave it... Do you have it installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
i would recommend putting the base fan sped to 1500rpms and let the fans activate between 55-87 degrees. right now i am at 57 degrees and 2000rpm... but i am using a macbook...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.