desktop wallpaper keeps changing ...

Reaction score
hey there people,

I have a problem with the desktop wallpaper on my external monitor - it keeps changing pictures every 10-15 mins or so. I have a 15"mbp, and no problems with the built in screen, only with the external lcd.

I have of course made sure that the "change picture" box under display preferences is unchecked, and i have also deleted the folders from the display preferences that keep on showing the pictures that i dont want to be displayed.

On top of that, I have moved the com.apple.desktop.plist file (a new one is created straight away), and still i have this problem.

Any suggestions anyone?

thanks in advance,

Ali

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
This is a buggy little feature. I used to use it, but had the same problems so I gave it up. I think what I had to do was uncheck the box then restart my MBP while it was plugged into the monitor and it stopped. I hope that helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
This is a buggy little feature. I used to use it, but had the same problems so I gave it up. I think what I had to do was uncheck the box then restart my MBP while it was plugged into the monitor and it stopped. I hope that helps.

That worked a treat, seems to be sticking with the pic i want now, you are the man fleurya!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
technically he's Joe Cool :D

good idea though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.