is .mac really that worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
.mac worth it?

Here's the thing. I live in Malaysia, and .mac accounts here cost like 450 bucks ( After taxes ) . And over here it is kind of expensive. Call me cheap. =x

Cause if you look at it . It is quite a number. Especially when you're living in such a corrupted country like malaysia.. *coughs*

Anyway. If it is really that worth it . I'll go for it. I'd most probably be using it for BacktoMymac , the webmail , the backup and domain..

Would like some feedbacks. Thanks!

Edit - My mistake. Posted in the wrong location..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD
WOAH its never in a million years worth that cost. if its back to mac your after try another service like logmein https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp.

its free and loads better than back to mac in my opinion.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
I'd also like to use it for its blog and website service. At least iWeb would be put into good use then.

I just don't get why that they don't provide .mac for all the people who buy a mac. At least 1 Year free membership or something right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
even with iWeb just get a domain, set up some inexpensive hosting, and upload the iWeb files to your site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
Well from my experience it is almost worth it. For the price, it actually aint bad. I was paying $22 a month at one time & I realize how bad they were just from just testing iWeb. It just doesn't have a fully professional look site but better than most that have have a "make it easy" looking set ups.

Pricewise, for me, living in the US it is only $99 bucks for year. I have a few more weeks to use the demo, I am trying to find a good reason to keep it because I really don't have a good reason to use it.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm taking it. For mobile me =x

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.