connecting imac to tv?

Reaction score
i have the new imac, running 10.5.2.

am about to take delivery of a Panasonic TX-32LXD700

does anyone know if i can connect the two, to allow me to watch web based video (bbciplayer for those in the uk)?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yes, you can connect your iMac with that TV.

You have two options for connecting the iMac to that TV: VGA and HDMI. For the former, you'll need a mini-DVI to VGA adapter, and for the latter you'll need a mini-DVI to DVI adapter along with a DVI to HDMI cable. Both adapters can be found at the Apple Store (both online and the brick and mortar) for less than $20.

However, neither of the above options include audio, for which you'll need a separate cable going out from the headphone output on your iMac. I'll look a bit more into the details of the TV to give you an answer for the audio question.

Edit: Looks like the only way to input sound is via the RCA connectors (they're red and white). This means you'll need a 3.5" mini-jack to RCA adapter to hook up sound. However, I'm not sure whether this would work with either the HDMI or VGA connectors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.