To AppleCare?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
I bought my white Macbook last June as well as the AppleCare plan. I recently discovered a chip out of the palmrest, about 1.5 inches long, and a eighth of an inch deep, just enough where stuff can get lodged in there. I am wondering whether I should contact AppleCare about this? Also, there is a good amount of discoloration on the trackpad and palmrest, but im sure I could clean it if I got around to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
Black macbook's palmrest also chipped out little bit

Hey my cousin has got a black macbook & she has got the same problem as you. At first when she told me about it, i thought it might be just hers. But now that someone else has also reported same problem, I think you should go to the apple people.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
It's a known issue. If you give them a ring or take it in it should be repaired for you. I had all of my top case replaced.

OP
seanje
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
wow thanks, i thought i was the only one as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you do a search for 'cracked macbook' there's quite a few threads about it on here as well. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.