The infamous spinning wheel of color

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
Anyone know why this happens? At this moment I have a virtual dj program running & right before it finished recording the spinning wheel showed up. I am trying to save my work but no luck & I don't know how to shut it down.

What's the deal?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good
Looks like there are issues with the software so I can't use that program & will just look to move onto another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
It is very possible that the software will not run with that processor. Many graphic apps I use will not run or load on your iMac. That is the one reason I stayed at Tiger until forced to come to current. Search the forums here for a double OS solution - a partition with Tiger on it and try that as an option until you find the right software.

A spinning beachball is sometimes fixed by repairing permissions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You mean the program won't work with Leopard? Don't think the processor has any bearing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I beg to disagree. I migrated my G4 to my Alum iMac and most programs worked like the CS2 suite. However if I tried to install them they would not (they were greyed out). Similarly other programs were quirky is the best word I can come up with. They froze and acted odd. Some would install and not run. I erased and went back to Tiger and things got better. The early Leopard was unfriendly to some programs and the processor was a factor - for instance I could not use my retail 10.0.0 nor my 10.4.7 from my white iMac as the OS during the erase and install had to use 10.4.10 from the Alum iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
The Infamous spinning wheel of color is being referred to as BEACHBALL /beachballing by the tech's at apple stores.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.